Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spreading Joy

Things have really been going good today, so I just wanted to share my joy with all of you. (:

I have being throwing myself into Relay for Life to get my mind off of the dogs. Most of you know that my boys and I Relay each year with Michael's 1st grade teacher. Well, I was never really into it very much, but I did it for Michael because he loved it so much.

Last year I decided to walk the survivors lap, and go to the survivors luncheon...which I will admit, the were both enjoyable. What really got me was the Luminaria ceremony last year, I cried like a two year old who just got spanked on the rear end!! My entire life has revolved around cancer, and watching that ceremony was amazing.

I am so blessed to serve a God that has seen me through so many life struggles. He TRULY....TRULY is my rock! Someone asked me (after the Lisa tragedy), "How much more can your boys take?" I thought about that question for a long time, but you know what, this is not hurting my children, it is building their faith. I am so proud of them, I am so proud that they love God, and I know God is teaching them in all of these circumstances.

Back to Relay, I'm drifting here...

Anyhow, today I sat on the phone for hours and hours trying to get donations for our baskets. Then I called several different locations to ask if we could sell candy bars there. Relay literally consumed my day today, and it kept my mind in a more positive place. I praise God for keeping me busy and blessing me with something to do. :)

Before I forget...

If you want to donate to Samuel or Michael you can click the link below the video and it should take you to Michael's page...from there, it is easy to find Samuel...



Just so you all know, my boys have been working hard for Relay, so giving to them online does not in any way make them lazy....they have walked countless miles collecting door to door. They are dedicated.

Tonight Samuel has Jump Rope class, which I enjoy because Michael and I talk for the entire hour and a half Samuel is in class. Samuel is my talker, as I'm sure you all know, but when Michael and I are alone- wow- he chats my ear off. I love hearing him talk since he doesn't do it very often. Last week we talked about his acting, girls he liked, exercising properly, youtube videos, etc... Like I said, he talked the entire time...it was so cute.

Tonight I am sure all 3 of us are gonna talk about ALIVE, it is our favorite topic anymore. I'm taking my boys and camping out all four days at ALIVE, it is gonna be amazing. We cannot wait to hear good preaching, learn from seminars, and of course hear Toby Mac, Tim Hawkins, and Sean McNeill (our worship leader at church!!). It is gonna be a magnificent four days where we can really focus our hearts on God. I hope to see some of you out there- if you are going let me know, we can try to camp next to each other.

I also want to share with you all how blessed I am to have found ABT in Akron. This church has helped me to grow in ways I didn't even think I could anymore. It is a huge church, but the people really do get to know you, and they are all so friendly. I have heard NO GOSSIPING, which is a first for me, I have never been judged, even when I wear my comfy sweats to church, and I always feel like God is sending me each sermon personally. My mom and Steve are also going with me now, and they love it too. I have prayed for them to attend church with me for a while now, and I am thankful each Sunday they are there.

Okay, I will shut up now. I just wanted all of you to know that no matter how much it seems like a dark cloud follows me around...I don't let it get to me, because I serve a GREAT GOD, and He has never failed me, and never will. <3


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment