Monday, March 23, 2009

Dermatologist Appointment

I got scalped today! Okay, not quite, but I feel like I did. The Dermatologist decided that the sore on my head had to be biopsied. My mom, grandma, and uncle all had Basal Cell, and my great grandpa died of Melanoma...so with the strong family history (and, of course, my history) she wanted to cover all her bases.

Here is a break down of the appointment...

The doc walks in, looks at my head for about 15-20 second...then says, "This needs biopsied." I was turning blood red, because I freak out at ANY doctors appointment, she thought I was panicking about the biopsy. She quickly says, "No, it's probably nothing!" She says that as she hands me a BASAL CELL pamphlet to take home and look over- I AM NOT MAKING THAT UP PEOPLES! Could she be more obvious, the she looks at the nurse and says that they need to put a RUSH on the results. Haha, she could have been a little more cool about the situation.

Anyhow, I was not turning red because of my head problems, I have been turning that red since I was 16- every single time I see a doctor. Basal Cell is really not a worry in my mind, at least not to freak out about. However, three $%^&* shots in my head is!!!! :o)~

After the biopsy was done, she told me to come in next week for results, she said she didn't want to give me results over the phone. That's great, one more copay- I paid $60 in co-pays today, plus scripts! And maybe you didn't hear, but I had to get new tires on Saturday...$700 worth of tires...I feel like I am drowning in debt. Moving on- my appt. is on April 1st, I will get results, plus she demanded a total body check for suspicious areas. I hear that those are so much fun, really looking forward to it!

Okay, here are some pics...

This first on is after I was scalped :-(



The second on here is of Justin applying the ointment to my head to prevent Staph- what a good husband!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment