Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco De Mayo

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone! Remember to stay safe on the roads tonight, please, for the sake of our children. I personally am NOT looking forward to taking Michael to theater practice in downtown Kent tonight, right in the midst of the college festivities. Hopefully the crowds won't get too large, or too loud until we are outta there!! :)

Mother's Day is this weekend and I cannot wait to spend the day at church with my family. We will go to church, then have lunch out together, then come home and do Bible Study...it will be a great day. I feel so unbelievably blessed and privileged to be the mother of two great boys. Do you ever sit back and really think about God's divine plan? I do. God specifically chose Samuel and Michael to grow in my womb, He chose to me to their mother, He entrusted their lives to me. He knew those boys before I ever did, and He knew their hearts, and He knew that I was going to be the one raising them! It boggles my mind!! I cannot think of any better gift in this world. In fact, the only other gift that tops that is Jesus dying on the cross to forgive our sins! God is so good to us, makes me wonder why it is so easy for people to turn away.

I don't just sit and think about how amazing it is to have my children, I also think of how God chose my mom just for me. I often sit back and observe my friends with their parents, and I never get a jealous feeling. I am always SO THANKFUL that I had my mom, that I was raised the way I was, that God gave me such a giving mother. Again, HIS divine plan amazes me.

Okay, enough about Mother's Day, we still 4 days!!

I have been thinking about the divorce a lot lately, and thinking about how much I do not want to go to court. I wish you could do this divorce stuff all over the phone. I just keep fearing that my emotions will get the better of me, and it will be viewed the wrong way. My lawyer will always say, "I know this is hard honey." when I start crying. What she doesn't know is that I am not crying over the divorce itself, I am crying over the 10 years of my life that I believed to be something other than what they were. I am finally feeling free about the divorce...and what I mean by that is, I feel like God has taken the guilt from me. I could not get right with it in my heart for a long time, I could never get right with my first divorce....I believe divorce is wrong. But, it was taken out of my hands, and after many sleepless nights, God took that burden from me. And I couldn't be more grateful.

Okay, enough about the divorce, we still have 16 days!!

To get everyone in the mood for Mother's Day, here are some of my favorite MOM shots...












Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment