Saturday, May 1, 2010

A year today.

This time last year I was crying, screaming, couldn't breathe, hysterical wreck! I came home to a note on my door that changed my life forever. My marriage of over ten year was over.

It took eight months for the crying spells to stop.

It took nine months to quit thinking I could not have guy friends.

It took ten months to realize that just because I was married didn't mean I was taken.

It took eleven months to quit walking around the house looking at memories.

It took twelve months to find myself and finally become happy again.


For a year now I have thought about how I would handle this day, and I must say, I thought I would be a mess. But I woke up bright and early and went to do a Relay for Life Fundraiser with the boys. Then I was so exhausted I came home and got a nap. Then it happened...

I woke up to hundreds of notes all over the house from my kids. All of the notes were funny, and a bit off color. There were semi-knocking the original note I got last May, but it was so hilarious. My kiddos crack me up. I have to say, that has been the highlight of my day! And I am so proud of myself for being able to have a sense of humor about things now...that is huge for me!

One note read (the one on my bedroom door, where the original note was)

Dear Hollie-

I am gonna go jump off
a cliff with Samuel or
something until my life
gets better.

- (hiding the name they signed)


They were all silly like that, but you have to admit, creative....and funny!

As if my day could not get better (seriously, not sarcastically)...my brother and his family donated 100 dollars to my Relay for Life goal...which means I met my goal!!! YAHOO! (Like they haven't done enough of something!!)

Thanks you Sam, Kathleen, Robby, and Andrew for supporting me and the American Cancer Society! Love you all more than words can express.

And then, on top of that....

My mom and dad bought a LUMINARIA for me, and that is so exciting. Last year I had 2, some people had like 10, it was a amazing! Luminaria lights our track at night during the Luminaria Ceremony, and they stay lit the rest of the night. It is beyond beautiful.

Thank you guys for making sure I had one this year!! I love you both so much! <3

And again...like it couldn't get better...

All of the kiddos that went fundraising today did such a great job, we sold out of candy before noon!!!!!! To top it off, they made over $400 dollars today! GO TEAM!

Yep, it was a pretty amazing day. And tomorrow I get to go to church and hear God's message, and spend some time in song and prayer! God is so good to me.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment