Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today was such a beautiful Mother's Day, I'd have to say the best one I have had in years...maybe ever.

We woke up and went to church, and the sermon was amazing (as usual). He spoke about the greatest example of selfless love (other than Christ) is a mother. That really touched my heart. We also got to watch a baby dedication, and it was so beautiful watching all these young moms and dads give their babies back to God, and make an eternal commitment to raise them according to His word. It made me want to pull out the pics of Samuel and Michael's dedications. <3 Seems so long ago... *sigh*

Every Mother's Day I sit and think about my boys' entire life...just like I do on their birthdays. I always think that the near death experiences (me), early births (both boys), incubator (Michael), iv's (Michael), feeding tubes (Michael), three day labor (Samuel), bili-blankets (Samuel), projectile vomiting (Samuel), hole in the heart (Samuel), prolapsed rectum (Michael), more kidney damage (me), weight gain (me), stretch marks (me), becoming a mom at 17, etc.... was all worth it, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I love every minute with my children.

I also like to sit back and reflect on everything my mother has given me...and she has give n so much. It is hard really fathom her horrible childhood, 15 year marriage to a drunk, and being a single mom...and STILL meeting EVERY need and EVERY want. She worked her butt off for us, and still made time to be at all of our events. She is the strongest, most compassionate, loving woman that I know. She truly is my hero. Even after I was grown and had a family of my own, she was (and is) still there for everything that I need. She is the very definition of "best friend" to me. I wish everyone could have such an amazing mom!

Back to my story..

After church, we all went out for lunch. We REALLY wanted Cracker Barrel, but when we arrived, the wait was over an hour long...so we said, "Nah." We will just go there next week after church, when it is not a holiday. :-)

Golden Corral was next door so we decided to go there. It was packed, but you could get straight in, so that was a bonus. I usually don't care for buffets, no one does but the kids, but the food was really good today. They had a "brunch/lunch" thing going on- it was yummy.

Then we headed home for our routine Sunday naps...it was beautiful. I love Sunday naps, I am not sure why they are better than Wednesday naps, but they are!! [:

All in all it was such a wonderful, peaceful, happy, day- filled of family and love. I simply could not ask for more.


Hopefully the link below works, it is the album from Mother's Day.....basically it has the gifts my boys gave me, and my creative way to tell my mom Happy Mother's Day! Check 'em out...

MOTHER'S DAY PICTURES

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment