Monday, May 31, 2010

Long....

It has been a while, so this bog is gonna be long and all over the place. :)

First off, today is my 11 year anniversary, and no one even said anything to me. Humph! ;) hehe Can you believe it, I was not sad or anything today? Go me! I didn't even remember it was my anniversary until I wrote the date down tonight.

Well I suppose that can lead into my divorce.

I went to divorce court last week, and it went okay. I remained strong, no crying all day- until Justin got on the stand to talk. In Ohio you actually have to get on the stand and be questioned by lawyers. It's retarded. Anywho, I was able to talk without crying. Then Justin got up there, they asked him where we got married, he answered Montgomery, and I lost my mind. I tried to not make noise crying, but ultimately it sounded like I inhaled all the air in the room, then I had that uncontrollable hiccup crying. So frickin embarrassing.

I was not crying about being divorced, I rather enjoy my free lifestyle now. I was not crying that Justin was officially gone, there would never have been trust there again. It was as if a flood of memories hit me at that point, and every detail of our relationship came to my mind. All the way back to our chat room talks, to our eloping, to our having Michael. It was so bizarre, I couldn't stop the flood of memories at that very moment.

I kicked myself the entire way home, because I truly thought I'd do better than that. But there is something about the quietness of a court room, and the eerie sound of chairs squeaking...it sends your mind running. Ah well, it's over now, and I couldn't be happier.

Let's move on to a more pleasant topic.

My kid brother started college last month and he has already tested out of Sociology! I am so proud of everything he is doing with his life. You go Sam! And Kathleen (his wife, my sis) started college this month! She is being a wonderful example to her kiddos! You go girlfriend!

I also recently did a photo shoot with Sam's family, you should really check out the photos on my Facebook. I am almost done editing them...but here is one of my favorites....



My mom and Steve want me to take their photos too, and I cannot wait. I have been wanting to shoot the two of them for some time now, and they are finally ready! Yay! It is about time, who knows how long it has been since they have had their photos taken. Sheesh.

We were have been super busy over the last few days, not just with the divorce and photo shoot...we had a ton going on...

Michael is finally finished with his play, I am gonna get the full video of it up soon. I will probably have to do it in parts on Youtube, we'll see. It is so adorable, I absolutely have to post it. Michael did such a wonderful job with theater, I hope that he will excel in it throughout the next few years. He has finally found "his thing!" Yay!

Here is one of my favorite play pics...



Be sure to check out the full album on Facebook, there are some really great pics in there!

We also went to see the new Shrek. The kids bugged and bugged, so we saw it on $5 movie Monday. I am glad I did not pay more than $5 for it.

The movie did not even come close the the AMAZINGNESS of the first three. The story line in this one was great, but the movie itself was not. The story was about Shrek getting sick of his life (being married with kids), so he signs a contract with Rumpelstilskin to have his old life back for a day. However, when he gets his old life back he realizes that he doesn't want that life, he missed being with his family. So, he goes out and tries to get his married life back. The movie ends with him at his kids' party, being jumped on by a million kids, be yelled at (DO THE ROAR!), and bossed around by Fiona...but he smiles and admits that he is exactly where he wants to be.

So, you can see, story is amazing! But I think that they had to keep the attention of kid movie-goers so they added all this unnecessary drama. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. I just would have gone about it differently.

We also had a cookout at Amy's house this past weekend. It was Mikel's 10th birthday, so she just had a bunch of kiddos over to swim and camp out. It was a lot of fun. I have not added those pics to Facebook yet, but here is one for a little teaser...



We also went on a night-hike at the Nature Realm in Akron. Again, I have not posted those pics, but here is a teaser...



You would think that we would slow down now, but that is so not the case. :-/

We have a some pretty big plans coming up...

This weekend we are having movie/dinner night at Amy's house. Then on Saturday we are going to Camp Carl, which is gonna be so much fun for the kiddos. It is completely free, you get to try it out! You should all come up! :-) Saturday night is a movie in the field at Franks (free!)....or possibly the drive-ins.

Then is Sunday (YAY!)...

95.5 The Fish w/ Len Howser will be at our church www.abt316.com . We are gonna be having a big kick off to summer, there will be food, giveaways, etc. You are all more than welcome to come. It is gonna be so much fun.

Then on the 9th I am taking the kids to Brimfield Elementary to watch the talent show. Plus I'm sure they'd like to see their old friends.

THURSDAY!! Oh Thursday! :) We are all dressing up in our Alice In Wonderland garb, and we are gonna hit the town showing off our costumes. You may call us freak, but we see it as eccentric! Here is who we are gonna be dressed as...

Samuel- Mad Hatter (again)
Michael- Cheshire Cat
Me- White Queen
Mikel- Queen of Hearts
Ethan- Knave of Hearts
Ellah- Alice
Amy- Tea Mouse (but she in undecided, she is also considering the Bandersnatch)

Here is a pic of Samuel in full costume....



I am so excited that I could just pee in my pants! :-)~

Then the weekend of the 12th is Relay for Life! We had fun doing it this year, but I am ready for it to come to a close now. The kids are still trying to meet their goals, so if you are looking to make a donation to a non-profit, please consider helping them. CLICK HERE for the link!

The kids will have their testing done on June 17th. It was originally scheduled for the 6th, but we switched it. I will be glad when that is over with too, testing is the official end to the school year, even though it is technically done. :)

After all of that we will start getting ready for ALIVE (alive.org) at the end of the month. Four days of praise and worship, Godly fellowship, seminars...it is going to be such a blessing and so uplifting. If you are going to ALIVE let me know, we will meet up and camp together.

It feels like summer is going to fly by! I certainly hope not, but it sure feels like it.

It has been really difficult going into summer without Lisa. I have watched dogs play in the water and that was Lisa's thing. I was finally moving on from that horrific day, then summer came. I miss seeing her clomp around in water, dig in her kiddie pool, and play "the water game" with us. :'( I just miss her...so much.

I'm gonna end on that note, because now I don't feel like blogging anymore. :'(


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment