Friday, August 28, 2009

Scatterbrained.

What a long, hectic week it has been. Whoo! So glad it is over...almost.

The kiddos had their first week of school, Samuel had too many doc appts., I got terrific news from one friend, and heartbreaking news from another, I have done enough paperwork to make my head spin, I am pet sitting all weekend and babysitting tomorrow, I have lists and lists of stuff I need to get for my fall semester, and last but not least...the kiddos got netbooks today.

Man, I said that all in one breath. ;-) Which really makes me ponder why I even bothered with the commas. Hmm.

Okay, we will start from the top and work down...

The kids had a GREAT first week of school. I honestly think it has been the best first week that they have ever had. They both came home everyday chatting up a storm, and floating on cloud nine. Samuel has a jam packed schedule with everything from JH Orchestra, to Pre-Algebra, to SEARCH (gifted), to Chess Club. Luckily, there is another girl that is on the same level as Samuel academically, and they share a schedule. He was mad at her the first day though, she led them into 9th grade math, not 7th grade. LOL So funny. Michael talks about all the special things they get to do this year, he is so excited. At one point they get to make a "frog board" that tells everything that they like. Michael CANNOT wait for this. Michael will also start divorce counseling at school...he will be in the elementary children's divorce support group. I am so thankful for that because he is still struggling. Samuel is also having some moderate to severe abandonment issues, but keeping busy is his therapy. I know God will help them this school1 year, after all, we are already blessed that they are there.

Samuel's appointments went well. His thyroid and a1c counts are all in normal range. So we are assuming that the excessive thirst is still his body's way of healing from the C Diff. His immuno counts were also good...except for the asthma ones. His asthma was not being controlled well enough, which explains his extreme fatigue. The doc put him on two meds twice a day for the rest of his childhood. He also HAS to use his rescue inhaler before gym or anything that is active. He still has to see a GI doc, but things are really looking up for my little turkey.

I can't say what news I have received from which friends...but they know who they are. To the one with GREAT news, congrats doll. You deserve this more than anyone I know, and I love you, and you will be in my thoughts every step of the way. :) To my friend with heartbreaking news, I know what you are going through. We serve a great God and He will heal this situation. I love you, and I will be praying for you.

The paperwork...eh...not getting into it.

Right now we have Oscar Mayer Weiner over at our house. We were watching him today so my Frendy could go to CP, but she got rained out. :-( BUT...she gets to go Sunday, YAY! So her baby boy is just gonna stay with me through the weekend. He loves visiting his friends anyway. Tomorrow morning I am babysitting, but only for a few hours. My friend has to work on a Saturday, which is a fluke thing. But I am so cool with it because my kiddos love playing with her kids.

My semester starts on Monday, w00t w00t! I am so excited, more than I've ever been. I need the work to keep my mind occupied. I am even ready to conquer my math fears, I'm telling you, it's a new chapter for Miss Hollie. I still gotta get all my stuff, but I am never one to stress about that kid of stuff. I have been known to wait until the 3rd week of classes to get my books. No point in stressing over the small stuff.

And lastly, my boys got Verizon netBooks today. Their grandma is spoiling them rotten. :) No, she just loves them, and wants them to have something nice since they are going through so much. And let me tell you, their brave little faces, and faithful little attitudes make me KNOW that they deserved this special treat. Basically a netBook is a mini laptop with internet capabilities ANYWHERE you are. So they can surf the web in the car. I gotta say, I am a wee bit jealous. My mom did some hardcore wheeling and dealing and got Verizon to sell her the netBooks at buy one get one free. Yeppers, you heard me right. They are running a special if you buy a Blackberry you can get a free netBook...my mom said she wanted two netBooks...they said no. We walked out...they called and said okay. :-) Yay. My kids were so happy. They have been in their beds giggling up a storm playing games online. I am so happy for them.

Okay y'all, I gotta go to bed, I am whooped.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment