Friday, April 24, 2009

Aloha!




Today was Island Day for 5th grade, it was so neat. This was there "real life" party to get a visual of the books they just read...THE CAY and ISLAND OF THE BLUE DOLPHINS. Samuel enjoyed both book. They had island themed lessons throughout the day. The kiddos performed in front of the class, talked about what they would do if they were stranded on an island, etc... The pic above if of Samuel's class, do you see my little islander??? ;-) You can click to enlarge photo.

Today started off so sucky but ended nicely, so I am not bitter anymore. I had to spend my morning at a laundromat since my dryer is fried. I cursed everyone who had dryers this morning, but I am over it now. My mom and Steve helped me get everything done lickity split, and I am eternally grateful for that.

After that disaster, I cam home to get some cleaning done before heading up to the school to get my "island" photos.

After the kids and I got home, Wendy came by with the girls, that was nice. She wanted her girls to meet Dwight, he is so sweet. We are also dog sitting for her, Oscar (her mutt) loves our house, he is BFF with all my pups.

We ended the day with a trip to the drive-in movies to see 17 Again. This turned out to be more of a date night since my kiddos fell asleep during the beginning of the movie. It was a cute movie too, they would have LOVED it!! Ah well, my fault for going out on a night after they were in school all day.

I have a butt load of school work to do this weekend, so that is our big plans for Saturday and Sunday. Jealous? We do have an adoption meeting tomorrow, for 3 hours in the morning....I hate being up on Saturday mornings, unless we are going somewhere fun!! Wahh!!

Okay, here are a few more island pics....nighty night y'all!








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment