Tuesday, April 21, 2009

FREAKS AND GEEKS

No blog yesterday...migraine last night...wanted to die! I am better now though, thanksforaskin!! ;-)

I have had an extremely busy week and I am so worn out. Tomorrow I have class, then I gotta drop stuff off at Justin's mom's house, then I gotta get the kiddos, come home and do laundry. Then, Thursday, I have to complete my MANDATORY volunteer time for one of my courses at Kent State.

Okay then peoples...here is my dilemma...

I am getting a degree in Human Development & Family Science. Now, this degree allows you to work with battered women, drug addicts, financial advising, adoption/social work, and gerontology.

I have been planning on working with adoptions since I started this degree, it was what I wanted. I mean truly wanted. I think that finding ALL children a home is so important. However, I am not so sure I can deal with abuse and neglect on a daily basis. I am not sure I can handle that stress...only time will tell I suppose.

I am seriously considering going the gero route. We had a guest speaker in one class that was explaining the daily tasks at an "adult daycare" and I was so impressed. It doesn't seem as stressful, I mean, there is stress, but not nearly as much. And I think I might listening to their stories all day! I dunno, I am so torn!!!

That's all I have for tonight, I am watching FREAKS AND GEEKS for the first time, how awesome is this show?!?!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. you know Hollie, you're so compassionate that I think whatever route you take, you'll excel. :)

    I'm not so down on mandatory volunteer time. Out here, HS kids have to volunteer and that seems like a good idea, but it's really not. They don't care about the animals or wherever, they're just there to "do the time" and that's it. It really doesn't force them to embody the spirit of voluteerism. It's not the same with college kids, but still....

    ReplyDelete