Sunday, April 5, 2009

Long Weekend!

Our Family



I'm so tired, this whole "blog everyday" commitment thing is driving me crazy. I figure if I print them off once a month my kids will have some cool stuff to look back on! That, and the HUMONGOUS scrap book I make each year. :-) What can I say, I love walking down Memory Lane.

Nathan came over Friday night, we had fun, but all in all it was uneventful. By uneventful I mean no tantrums.

Saturday we went to the Cleveland Zoo, I absolutely could not make it to Pittsburgh, for some reason I was beat! The boys loved the zoo, I hope you got a chance to check out the slide show on my previous post. We had a few MINOR issues with Nathan, he doesn't act any different than Samuel and Michael, all kids get in trouble. BUT...he does act different when Justin and I get on to him, he doesn't want to stop...Samuel and Michael stop when we tell them to stop. I do realize that it is going to take some time for him to get used to our family, we are just experiencing growing pains.

Today we missed church, I slept until almost 10am. I was still so tired, I really have no idea what is going on- I am never THIS tired. Once I decided to mosey on outta bed we went and got the kiddos a Pizza for lunch. We took them to the park to have a little picnic, and let them run off some energy. Nathan did give us some trouble getting ready to leave, but in the end he came around. When Nathan says he doesn't want to put his shoes then DANG IT he doesn't want to put his shoes on. Ha :) No worries though, we're fixing it!

We offered to let Nathan spend the night again...at first he was all for it...he said he wasn't ever going home. However, as the day progressed he got sad and teary eyed, he kept saying he wanted to go home. That broke my heart, so I called Patty to come get him. I think he was torn, he loves being with us, especially the boys, but he misses the comfort of home! And really, don't we all miss home when we are away from it?

Samuel was the most upset to see Nathan leave today, he wanted more time with him. He cried we pulled away from Patty's car...so sad. :-( We ended up getting his favorite dinner (Taco Pizza from Pizza Hut) and played Wii (Brunswick Bowling) with them for a little bit. He was better after that, Samuel is very emotional and he needed some family time to calm him down.

Now I am going to get all my school stuff together for tomorrow so I can lay down and go to sleep.


The kooky kiddos!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment