Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dermatologist Results!

Howdy ho peoples!! I have good news...no, great news....the biopsy was negative for skin cancer. Whoo hoo! Whoo hoo! Dance with me peoples.

The doctor came into the room and told me and she went on and on about how shocked she was at the results. She said, "I really thought it was cancer, I am so happy about this." Me too sister friend! :)~

Next I had my body check...boo! How humiliating, but I can honestly say that I have been in more embarrassing situations in the hospital. I'll spare you the details.

She wanted to biopsy another mole, boo. She said that is was asymmetrical and almost black in color...so it had to be biopsied. Dang it, and here I thought I was done with needles and scalpels. I went ahead and got it done today, it was quick! I should have results by the end of next week.

The doctor saw it and explained the mole to me with the diagram that I attached. She showed me where a regular mole would....where a Melanoma mole would be...and where my mole was. She said that these types of moles should be removed so they don't turn into Melanoma. My momma agrees and so does my friend Dawn. :) Both would know.

Speaking of momma...she was in there with me the whole time, and I couldn't be more grateful. I hate being alone at doctor appointments, I freak out. This doctor loves my mom, so it worked out great.

Okay, here is a pic of the diagram that she drew for me, she even let me have it! lol





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful news, Hollie! I hope you get the same results with the other one. Better safe than sorry! I agree!

    ReplyDelete