Thursday, July 2, 2009

Feels like home :]

I have been babysitting for a friend of mine for the last two days. She and her three children are currently living with her mother. So I have actually been at her mother's house.

Anyways, the house is immaculate. Everything has a proper place, everything is SUPER clean, it seems museum like. I feel like it is very "cold." You know, not homey.

My friend would never have her home like that, but she has no choice right now. It got me to thinking about my home. I thought how nice it would be to have such a beautiful home, I could always have people over! You need to show off a house like that. :)

However, the house is lacking life. Animal life that is. They do have one dog, he is beautiful, very well behaved, blah blah blah. But it isn't enough. I realize that you can't fill your home with pets if you want your house to look like that, so I don't blame them.

But I have come to this conclusion, I will take my messy home filled with pets (12 to be exact) over the glamorous, "keeping up with the Jones'" lifestyle. My house always feel cozy, and there is is always someone around to listen to me talk. And yes, animals are GREAT listeners. :-) And my constant cleaning leaves my home smelling like bleach all the time, but I can live with that.

Both lifestyles have their ups and downs. I just prefer my way. If you knew my puppies, and my kitties, and my piggie, you would understand.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment