Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Quirky Pets

I often have the conversation with people about my pets. I firmly believe that all animals have emotions and can communicate WELL! I love the ASPCA and I hate PETA. I believe animals should be kept indoors. I don't eat meat because of how strongly feel towards animals, the last animal I consumed was in 1995 in the form of a taco at Taco Bell. I talk to my animals as much as I talk to my kids. I love (LOVE!) Jane Goodall, and I love what she has done for animals. I wish everyone could feel as strongly about animals as I do.

Here are a few tidbits about my animals and their quirky, individualistic personalities (refer to pics on right to see who I am talking about)...


Lisa- She is slightly OCD. She chases shadows and lights until she can't breathe. She "talks" to me when I look her in the eye. And, she HAS to have a blankie in her mouth in order to fall asleep.

Lola- She is my dog/goat cross breed. She will eat the food you give her, the container it came in, and part of your hand. :) But when she stands on you and kiss her, she gets a "high" look in her eyes...she feels the love.

Wendall- He is the most "dog like" of all my dogs. He loves to dig holes and run in circles. But, Wendall has a crazy side...he freaks out over planes, hot air balloons, and random lights in the sky. We are 99% sure that he has been abducted by aliens at some point in his life.

Fred- He is my canine version of Samuel...he is my genius. This dog is smarter that almost all the humans I know. And, he is a hound, he can smell anything!! No matter how well you hide it!

Dwight- He was born a cat, but he wants to have a "species change." He hangs with my dogs, he acts like my dogs, he chews bones with my dogs. When he is not with the dogs he is on someones lap...drooling.

Callie- This is the most talkative cat I have ever seen in my life. She meows at everything she wants, everything that makes her mad, etc... She is also the most protective cat...she follows me everywhere...even in the shower. Oh, and she thinks that it is a fun game to go through the house knocking all the trashes down!

Fuzzy Britches- This cat reminds me of my biological father. He is lazy, lays around and only wants you when he has nothing better going for him. lol But, when he does want you, he is the sweetest boy you will ever know.

Blackie- He is my feline version of Michael...uber momma's boy. He HAS to sleep on my neck every single night. When I am busy with house stuff, he follows me waiting for me to sit down so he can bug me.

Sylvester- He is my ghost cat. He is still very skiddish around humans, but he is slowly coming around with me. We almost NEVER see him...I only see him after dark. He will come sniff my face when he thinks I am asleep, but if I dare touch him...HE RUNS OFF!!

Pepe- This is the only guinea pig I have ever met in my life that does not scurry away when you go to love him. He actually enjoys being held and kissed. But, like all pigs, he lives for his fresh veggies...he squeaks and squeals in delight while he is eating them.

Angel- She was the kitten that was still nursing at over 4 months old. Since her mom has passed, she has changed! She no longer has Momma to cling to, so she has turned into a rebellious teenager. She tears stuff up, she BEGS for food off of your plate, and she get ANGRY if you don't give her what she wants!!

I hope that this helps you to see how very different and very special EACH animal is. God made animals for us to enjoy, and I am so thankful for their company.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment