Sunday, July 19, 2009

Samuel Update




I sat at the ER for SIX frickin hours today. That is practically the ENTIRE day. Grrr.

As most of you know, Samuel dx'ed with Strep about a month ago. He did 10 days of Amox and still didn't feel right. I took him back to the ER and he was still testing positive. They gave him 10 days of Clindimyacin (sp?). That seemed to help for a while, but not long.

On Thursday-ish he started whining on and off about his stomach hurting. I gave him Tylenol and Tagament which seemed to help.

Fast forward to Saturday night....he vomited around 9pm. I gave him another Tagament and he went to sleep. In the middle of the night I started hearing weird noises come from the boys' room.

If you know Samuel, then you know he is a hard core sleepwalker and talker. He has been known to turn off the house alarm and let the dogs out of their cages in his sleep. I always know what his normal sounds are...I am so used to them. But this sound was different.

I went in to check on him and he didn't look right. So, I moved him into my room so I could keep an eye on him during the night. I prayed over him while he slept and asked God to guide the doctors to heal his body from this sickness that has had a hold of him for too long now. Then I went to sleep.

Around 6am he woke up screaming with belly pain. That is when the diarrhea started. He got up every 30 minutes like clockwork to go to the bathroom. Finally, around 11am he said he needed to go to the doctor.

We loaded up and headed out to the ER. We could not even make it there without stopping to let him go to the bathroom. Once we got there, they saw how much he was going (he went 8 times while we were there). The doctor ordered blood work and stool samples to see why he was so sick. Those results will be back on Tuesday. In the meantime, she ran an IV to hydrate him. After the IVs were done, he started to show some improvement. That is when they released us, around 5:30ish.

Since we have been home he has eaten dinner and even had a few drinks. He seems to be handling it well right now. I was told to call the immunologist and get an appointment to do more thorough blood work.

Everyone just try to keep him in your prayers right now, I really want to see his little body back to normal. :-) The pic above is right after he got the IV put in....he was still in his clothes. He ended up having to change clothes three times, and even came home in hospital clothes. I just never got a pic of that.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Pray that you are on the mend and they can figure out what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor lil' dude! I hope it's a simple fix--that can't be fun to be that sick.

    ReplyDelete