Monday, July 6, 2009

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is an incredible act in life. I listened to a sermon on forgiveness today and it was amazing. I just had to blog about it. :)

The woman speaking was talking about how she had to forgive her spouse. She believed that marriage was sacred, so she said she had to forgive him so she could make it work. Then she said something that moved me...

"What right do I have not forgiving him when God forgives me everyday, several times a day."

Wow, isn't that powerful. God never gives up on us, He never leaves, He is always forgiving us. What a great God we serve.

I want to be someone who can easily forgive...and not just say the words "I forgive you," but actually mean it in my heart. No matter how hurtful someone is being towards me, or how hurtful their words are, I want to forgive.

Just think about it, if you could forgive every wrong thing ever done to you, what in the world would you have left to be mad about? I could definitely live my life not being mad anymore. Or sad for that matter.





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Forgiveness is the key. It's the hardest thing to do but the most important.

    *~Amy Melone*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refer to this on the hard days, it is very powerful and a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete