Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Will Survive!

At first I was afraid,
I petrified.
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side.
But then I spent so many nights,
Thinking how you did me wrong (!),
And I grew strong...
And I learned how to get along!

I have been singing this song all day, it is my new addiction. :-) I love any women with that "I will survive" attitude! And I will survive, because I am a STRONG woman, with a STRONG faith. In fact, my situation way is really leading me to help other women with divorce. Every woman needs a support team, and I am more than willing to share my knowledge and help guide them. I am all for women protecting women...it should be what we all do.

I also feel like women should want a man, not need a man. Ladies, we are way too strong for "needing" anyone but God. And please, when you decide you want a man, make sure he wants you...just like my song says...

I'm saving all my love for someone who's lovin' me!

When you do find a man (for all my single ladies)....please make sure that he...

* Is a faithful man of God, willing to guide your family spiritually. If he does not put God first in everything, he isn't worth having.

* Loves you for who you are. Doesn't get tired of your looks, health probs, etc... And in return, you love him regardless of looks, etc...

* Knows that you are in it because you want to be, not because you need to be. The only thing you NEED in your life is God. Everything else is a want.

* Is faithful to you, if they have ever cheated, move on. You know the old adage, "Once a cheater, always a cheater."

* Loves his family, but is willing to defend you over them. This is your mate, he should always stand up for you.

* And if he has ever hurt another woman, please, PLEASE, do not think that you are different. If a man can hurt a woman so deeply and have no emotions about it, he is only capable of truly loving himself.


I am all for finding love. My unfortunate circumstance does not make me hate the thought of relationships. I will not let anyone take that away from me. I am simply more cautious now...I must fully know someone before I jump in. And above all, I wouldn't hurt my kids with a relationship right now, they would not understand. They don't know why I would need someone else to make me happy when I have them. And I respect that, coming from divorced parents

My kids will always be my first priority in life. As long as they are taken care of, I am happy. I want to help the to overcome all of the emotional struggles during this chaotic time. I would never do anything to hurt them. I love them more than anything in this world.






Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. FINALLY but to be quite frank helping others isn't your forte'. You aren't even supporting yourself in this matter. So how can you even to begin to help others? All the books in the world can not give you the answers or knowledge. This may not be your first time around so maybe you do have the knowledge to help others in need. Remember as you preach the word of the lord you must practice this as well. "As we forgive those who trespass against us"....."deliver us from evil".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...take note Hollie. Clearly, "Anonymous" is a Biblical Scholar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Anonymous...

    Tell us, oh Enlightened One, what else must we do to serve the Lord?

    ReplyDelete
  4. From one anonymous to another, shame on you. Hollie is a great person and is more than helpful to many people. Hollie is a wonderful person and to say the things you are saying is just hurtful and rude. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your comments to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg anonymous grow the hell up. i sincerely hope you are who we all think because you know what? what makes you immune to any hurt that Hollie is having? you are NOT immune and God is just and you will reap what you sow!

    loud and proud! -Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok-REALLY?!?!? "Anonymous" needs to move on with his life as he said he wanted to do two months ago...Hollie, you know who your friends are and we all love you. Can you delete mr. Anonymous?? Such a hater!

    ReplyDelete