Monday, July 20, 2009

Remembering Jordan








I cannot believe that is has already been a year since I got the horrific phone call. I was laying in bed on a Sunday morning, still asleep, when my mom called me a little before 7am. She was frantically crying and said, "Hollie are you awake, can you listen to me?" I said yes. She said, "Jordan was shot and killed last night."

I was numb, I just sat there holding the phone, I don't even remember saying goodbye to her, or hanging up, or anything.

Suddenly I began crying, and it didn't stop for a week. The last time I had seen my cousin was two months after Samuel was born. If I had only known then that I would never see him again...

Over the next 24 hours the details of what happened started to emerge. Jordan was going into a friends house and that friend was being robbed. Jordan and his friends tried to stop them, two of them were shot. Jordan died, the other kid survived. It was such an unnecessary killing...a tragedy that the family should have never faced.

Jordan's girlfriend was pregnant, and from what I have heard, he was so excited and he wanted that baby. She gave birth to a son a few months after his death, and named him after his daddy. I am so thankful that the family still has a piece of Jordan to remember him by. The look at little Jordy and can see Jordan everyday, what a blessing.

Karen and Andrew are still hurting so bad. What an empty feeling it must be to lose your son and brother. I am quite certain that Allie is hurting too...she knew Jordan intimately and gave birth to his son. These are just three of the hundreds of people that felt so lost when Jordan died. All of our hearts have a hole that might not ever be filled. I would wish pain like this on no one.

Goodbye Jordan.


(Pics of Andrew and Jordan with my brother and I, so long ago. We spent so much time together as children.)









Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment