Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Becoming Hollie

I was having trouble sleeping last night, and I did a lot of thinking.

I have been known as "Justin's wife" for ten years now, but I am so much more than that. It has been 19 days since he left, and I starting to realize that I am more than just a wife.

*****************

I am a daughter. My mom and I are so close, she is my best friend. And Steve is my dad, even though he not my biological dad...he has loved me and my kids more than my birth father ever did.

I am a sister. I am getting to know my brother again, and I am thankful for that.

I am a mother. I have the greatest kids in the world, they mean everything to me. This is the most important part of who I am, I am grateful for each and every day I get to spend with them.

I am an animal lover. I have such a heart for all living creatures, they are truly God's gift to us.

I am a student. I dropped out of school in the 10th grade, while going through some cancer stuff. I got my GED after I had both kids, but I ultimately decided that I wanted more...so I started attending KSU in 2006.

I am a friend. I love my friends, I am glad that I have them...through good times and bad times.

I have hobbies. I love taking photographs and editing them. I also like shooting videos and editing them. I can also appreciate beautiful/creative photos and videos.

I am a writer. By that I mean, I love to write. I love English classes, I love writing papers. I love writing in my journal. I love writing blogs. I just LOVE writing, it helps me through good and bad moods.

I am a cancer survivor. This has probably made me stronger than anything else I have done or been. I have had cancer four times, and that will make you strong.

I am a believer. I have never lost my faith, through all of the ups and downs in life. God has carried me through everything, and kept me safe. I am a born again Baptist...that will NEVER change.

******************

So, even though I loved my role as a wife...it didn't define me. I am all of these things, and more. My guess is, I will learn even more about myself in the near future. I am learning to live life as a single mom, and I will probably discover things about me that I never knew before.

I'm not saying that things are so much better now...but I am slowly getting better. I am learning how to adjust my life. And that is a step in the right direction...




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Hollie! I think we all needed a reminder that we are more than just wives. We are much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you continue to grow and grow stronger Hollie. I'm glad that you're introspective.

    ReplyDelete