Friday, June 5, 2009

Raising Boys

Lately I have had my fill of girls- vacationing with Mindy's two daughters, swimming with Wendy's daughter and her girl friends, etc... I have learned a lot about parenting a girl over a boy.

Girls are calmer, they're not physically rough...they are girly. :-) But, they are dramatic, unforgiving of friends, and "squeally" loud. ;) They have their good and bad qualities.

Boys are always hitting each other, running and jumping, getting hurt...they are boys. But, they're not dramatic, the QUICKLY forgive their friends, and they don't get "squeally!" Again....good and bad qualities.

What I have learned is...some people are good parents for girls, some for boys, and some could parent either. I am DEFINITELY a "boy parent." I love being around the girls, so I can get my fill of "wishing I had a daughter." But at the end of the day, I will take my boys who are always fighting with each other, never wanting to bathe, and telling bathroom jokes. :o)~ It is what I love about them.

You know what else I love about boys?? Boys LOVE their momma's, they are always protecting them. My boys are no different, they got out of their way to make sure I am okay. I love them with all of my heart, they are the greatest kids ever.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment