Saturday, June 13, 2009

The story of Angela.

[CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE]

Angela is a beautiful cat. But in the cold, harsh, Ohio winter- she found herself homeless. Since animals can sense things, she knew my mom would take her in. Once Angela was safely in the warm garage...she curled up and purred while it was a blizzard outside. She started to gain weight...QUICKLY.

Next thing we knew, she had six kittens. She needed a warm place more than she let on. Smart girl.

After her kittens were weaned and healthy, she needed a home. But my mom could not let her in the house because she feared one of her eleven dogs would abuse the cat. So I opened up my home to her. After all, we already had one of her babies...Dwight.

This is Dwight and Angela's first meeting since he left the garage at six weeks old.

Angela was sitting on bed, nice and cozy....



Next thing I know, Dwight jumps on the bed....



The stare down started...



It was at this point that I thought Angela might remember her son. I was wrong. I looked up and she was sticking her tongue out at him...



Dwight was taken aback by this rude behavior. But only for a second, then he decided he should just move closer....



That just infuriated Angela. She gave Dwight the "momma ain't playin" face...



Dwight, being young and naive, was unfazed by this harsh gesture. So he laid there and ignored her...



That is when I thought all you know what was gonna break loose. How very wrong I was. As Angela continued to unsuccessfully scare Dwight, she slowly fell into a deep sleep...and didn't wake until morning....



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. so are you keeping angela? cats are like that... lots of talk, no walk most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, i am keeping miss angela. i love her already. an animal can't stay in my house for more than five minutes without me keeping them for life.

    ReplyDelete